Numerology Meanings of Number 9 Energy explained
In this 11-part series, we explain the deeper meanings or most significant characteristics of a number, and in this article our focus is on the Numerology Meanings of Number 9 Energy. The previous eight dealt with the Numerology Meanings of Number 1 Energy ; the Numerology Meanings of Number 2 Energy ; the Numerology Meanings of Number 3 Energy ; the Numerology Meanings of Number 4 Energy ; the Numerology Meanings of Number 5 Energy ; the Numerology Meanings of Number 6 Energy ; the Numerology Meanings of Number 7 Energy ; and the Numerology Meanings of Number 8 Energy.
“There is this tremendous body of knowledge in the world of academia where extraordinary numbers of incredibly thoughtful people have taken the time to examine on a really profound level the way we live our lives and who we are and where we’ve been. That brilliant learning sometimes gets trapped in academia and never sees the light of day.” Malcolm Gladwell
Interesting Knowledge about the Number 9
9 is a composite number, its proper divisors being 1 and 3. It is 3 times 3 and hence the third square number. Nine is a Motzkin Number. It is the first composite lucky number along with the first composite odd number and only single-digit composite odd number. 9 is the only positive perfect power that is one more than another positive perfect power, by Milhailescu’s Theorem. 9 is the highest single-digit number in the decimal system. It is the second non-unitary square prime of the form (p2) and the first that is odd. All subsequent squares of this form are odd. Since 9 = 321, 9 is an exponential factorial. A polygon with nine sides is called a nonagon or enneagon. A group of nine of anything is called an ennead.
“Pick up a sunflower and count the florets running into its centre or count the spiral scales of a pine cone or a pineapple, running from its bottom up its sides to the top, and you will find an extraordinary truth: recurring numbers, ratios and proportions.” Charles Jencks
In base 10 a positive number is divisible by 9 if and only if its digital root is 9. That is, if any natural number is multiplied by 9, and the digits of the answer are repeatedly added until it is just one digit, the sum will be nine. For example: 2 × 9 = 18 (1 + 8 = 9); 3 × 9 = 27 (2 + 7 = 9); 9 × 9 = 81 (8 + 1 = 9); 121 × 9 = 1089 (1 + 0 + 8 + 9 = 18; 1 + 8 = 9); 234 × 9 = 2106 (2 + 1 + 0 + 6 = 9); 578329 × 9 = 5204961 (5 + 2 + 0 + 4 + 9 + 6 + 1 = 27; 2 + 7 = 9); 482729235601 × 9 = 4344563120409 (4 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 4 + 0 + 9 = 45; 4 + 5 = 9)… And, there are other interesting patterns involving multiples of nine… For example, 12345679 × 9 = 111111111 ; 12345679 × 18 = 222222222 ; 12345679 × 81 = 999999999…
“Poverty is uncomfortable; but nine times out of ten the best thing that can happen to a young man is to be tossed overboard and compelled to sink or swim.” James A. Garfield
The number 9 is revered in Hinduism and considered a complete, perfected and divine number because it represents the end of a cycle in the decimal system, which originated from the Indian subcontinent as early as 3000BC. In Buddhism, Gautama Buddha was believed to have nine virtues, which he was (1) Accomplished, (2) Perfectly Enlightened, (3) Endowed with knowledge and Conduct or Practice, (4) Well-gone or Well-spoken, (5) the Knower of worlds, (6) the Guide Unsurpassed of men to be tamed, (7) the Teacher of gods and men, (8) Enlightened, and (9) Blessed. Important Buddhist rituals usually involve nine monks. The first nine days of the Hebrew month of Av, are collectively known as “The Nine Days” (Tisha HaYamim), and are a period of semi-mourning leading up to Tisha B’Av, the ninth day of Av on which both Temples in Jerusalem were destroyed. Nine is a significant number in Norse Mythology. Odin hung himself on an ash tree for nine days to learn the runes. The Fourth Way Enneagram is one system of knowledge which shows the correspondence between the 9 integers and the circle. In the Christian Angelic Hierarchy there are 9 choirs of angels. Ramadan, the month of fasting and prayer, is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar.
“Some global hazards are insidious. They stem from pressure on energy supplies, food, water and other natural resources. And they will be aggravated as the population rises to a projected nine billion by mid-century, and by the effects of climate change. An ‘ecological shock’ could irreversibly degrade our environment.” Martin Rees
You have the Number 9 Energy powerfully represented in your Numerology Chart if:
- You are Born (DD) on a 9day i.e. the 9th, the 18th (18=1+8=9) and the 27th (27=2+7=9).
- You are Born (MM) in a number 9 month i.e. in the month of September (9)
- You are Born (YY) in a 9 year i.e. in 2025 (2+0+2+5=9) or 2016 (2+0+1+6=9) or 2007 (2+0+0+7=9) or 1998 (1+9+9+8=27=2+7=9) or 1989 (1+9+8+9=27=2+7=9) or 1980 (1+9+8+0=27=2+7=9) or 1971 or 1962 or 1953 or 1944 or 1935 or 1926 etc…
- If you have a Number 9 Life Path, a Number 9 Expression Number, a Number 9 Soul Urge, a Number 9 Hidden Passion, a Number 9 Personality, a Number 9 Maturity Number etc…
“I generally find that comparison is the fast track to unhappiness. No one ever compares themselves to someone else and comes out even. Nine times out of ten, we compare ourselves to people who are somehow better than us and end up feeling more inadequate.” Jack Canfield
Characteristics associated with Numerology Number 9
- This is a massively complex energy and here’s why: 9 has all the other numbers contained within it, therefore it relates easily to all number 1 through to 8 and 9 to, as such it brings forth the ultimate healing potential. However, given that 9 has this natural matching and mirroring ability with all other numbers, it can at times cynically manipulate others in to do its bidding, naturally knowing what it is that they desire and where the 9 is an underdeveloped and/or unintegrated energy, it will clinically and cynically capitalise on this for its selfish gain.
- Number 9 is the number of completion, closure, the end, resolution.
- This is the number associated with universal love (the higher octave of number 6, love for community).
- Represents global consciousness.
- Number 9 symbolises humanitarian endeavours.
“Numbers are the product of counting. Quantities are the product of measurement. This means that numbers can conceivably be accurate because there is a discontinuity between each integer and the next.” Gregory Bateson
- This is generally the least judgemental of all numbers and therefore has within it the potential to be the most conscious of numbers.
- The number which has tremendous depth and intuition.
- Numerology cycles run from numbers 1 through to 9, therefore 9 always represents the end of a given cycle.
- Number 9’s gift to the world is sage wisdom and incredible kindness.
- This number exists for the greater good and its primary purpose is to heal and remind us of the importance of unconditional love and forgiveness.
- 9’s have an uncanny ability to accept things for what they are and to see a larger divine order within everything.
“The most powerful forces in economics are not numbers or facts. They are prejudices and preferences. No amount of evidence will ever change the degree to which many of the rich and powerful prefer themselves to be richer and more powerful and others poorer and weaker.” Nick Hanauer
- Metaphysically, the number 9 is all about culpability, forgiveness and giving aid to others.
- 9’s have the ability to leave this planet in a far better state than they found it.
- Symbolises sanctuary, contemplation and self-awareness.
- This number uses love and inspiration to drive solutions.
- 9’s battle with asking for personal help and this is a lifelong lesson for them.
- This vibration is generally compassionate, tolerant of religions and lifestyles.
- This number aligns itself with a creative, tolerant and compassionate existence.
- The number 9 is generous with its time, money and energy.
- This energy will go to any length to fight injustice and empower others.
“In some sense, what you might have suspected from the first day of high-school chemistry is true: The periodic table is a colossal waste of time. Nine out of every 10 atoms in the universe are hydrogen, the first element and the major constituent of stars. The other 10 percent of all atoms are helium.” Sam Kean
- Number 9 energy seems to easily rise above everyday annoyances and concerns.
- The people always follow their heart so no point trying to turn them as they are inherently extremely stubborn (the more 9’s there are in their charts the more stubborn they are!).
- 9’s communicate clearly and persuasively.
- This is the last of the cardinal numbers and always heralds the end.
- Is linked with the number 1 through endings and beginning – the two furthest points if you will on the cyclical number-line of life.
- 9’s battle to share their feelings as somehow this makes them feel emotionally vulnerable.
- Number 9 people feel things very deeply and intensely, but they don’t want others to know this.
- This number generally tends to emit an aura of composure which draws others to them like moths to a candle and then 9’s have not been guided as to how to deal with all this attention which they naturally attract to themselves, they can become very anxious, wanting to run and hide somewhere because to them it feels like everyone wants a piece of them and all they desire is peace.
“I really try to ask myself the question of nine. Will this matter in nine minutes, nine hours, nine days, nine weeks, nine months or nine years? If it will truly matter for all of those, pay attention to it.” Whitney Wolfe Herd
- This number, like the numbers 3 and 5, can have a very scattered energy, attempting much and not being overly efficient at anything.
- This number, when operating within its shadow side, is very cunning and secretive and will not let on what’s really going on deep within as it plots and plans. Only a very advanced and numerically aware energy will know when a number 9 energy person has gone dark…
- This is the number of selfless service – yet selfless service is not to be confused with being a doormat for everyone to use and abuse ; selfless service means the carrier of this number (9) is intimately connected with and to a much higher emotional cause, with and to an inspired vision, with and to something far bigger than himself/herself ; this is when it (the number 9) is on song and when in this place and state, the more it helps people, the greater the reward.